More Bun And More Bear

Friday, August 15, 2014

Vegan Breakfast- Fried Tomatoes, Cheese Grits and Toast


I don't normally like making a big breakfast, but this morning I was in the mood for something a bit more involved. I just got a bunch of tomatoes the other day, so frying them seemed like a perfect idea.

Fried Tomatoes-
2 medium tomatoes
1 cup cornmeal
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp onion powder

Simply slice the tomatoes, dredge them in the cornmeal, and fry them until they are golden brown. Super easy!

Grits-
2 cups water
1/2 cup grits
1 tbsp salt
1 handful Daiya

Just boil the water, add the grits and salt, simmer for 5 min, stir in the cheese and you're done.

Toast was just served with Earth Balance spread.

I love this because it's a really easy meal, but the multiple components and fresh tomatoes make it more exciting than just having cereal or a bagel.

1 comment:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious and I love the pics.

    ReplyDelete