More Bun And More Bear

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bring Your Own Lunch!

veggie rice with kimchi, tofu, salad and spinach!

Packing a luch is something everyone who is away from home during unch should try doing more often. I know, some people associate packed lunches with boring wonder bread sandwiches and sort of limp salads, but packed lunches are actually the greatest ting ever. 
For most people money is a concern. Eating lunch out can add up to a lot of money if you do it all the time. And as a vegan, it can be annoying trying to find varied options during the day when I only have around 30 minutes to get my food and eat it between classes. On my campus the fully vegan meals often cost a little bit more than the regular meat and cheese filled sandwiches and salads and wraps. In fact, the amount of vegan options on campus just went up this semester, last year it was even harder to get a good meal there.
So I started making my own lunch. I did start with salads and sandwiches, and those are still good, but then I moved on to bentos. I have shown a few bentos on here before but never really talked about the. Bentos are amazing. They are easy to make, can be filled up with any tasty things I want, and help me save money.
Bonus- Bentos can be super cute!
chickpea salad, tomatos with olives and vegan sausage


1 comment:

  1. Just a heads up guys! V8 is NOT vegan! The company confirmed this themselves!

    ReplyDelete