More Bun And More Bear

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Beer and Taco Challenge!

So the beer an taco challenge is a response to the ALS ice bucket challenge that seeks to raise money for abortion funds. The basic idea- beer is good, tacos are good, people need money to help exercise their reproductive rights.
This seemed like the perfect challenge for Bear and I since we are both childfree. We are able to make this choice because we have access to birth control and live in a place where there is access to abortions if needed. I have never had an abortion, but I know I would get one if I were to ever become pregnant. So this really stuck a chord with me. Also, on a much lighter note, I really like tacos and beer.
So tonight I made black bean tacos, corn and tomato salsa, spinach and seasoned rice. Easy, healthy and so good!



Salsa-

  • 2 tomatoes, diced
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 small can diced green chiles
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 2 tsp black pepper
Black Beans-
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1 tsp adobe seasoning
Rice-
  • 2 cups brown rice
  • 4 cups water
  • 2.5 tbsp adobe seasoning
Learn more about the challenge HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment