More Bun And More Bear

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pasta With Chickpea Sauce

Pasta is a great staple food to have around. Its easy to make, reheats well, and is super versatile. I make pasta at least once a week, so coming up with different ways t serve it is important.


Bear isnt as big of a fan of marinara as I am, so I decided to make him a bix container of pasta with a homemade sauce to bring to work. I wanted the meal to be nice and hearty so I decided to go with a chickpea base.

Chickpea Sauce-
1 can chickpeas
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup black olives (no pits!)
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon ground black pepper

Simply add all ingredients to a food processor and then blend till smooth and creamy. Pairs well with normal spaghetti or penne, and can easily be frozen and put aside for later use.

No comments:

Post a Comment